Aberdeen Town Board released their agenda for their upcoming meeting on Monday, May 14th at 6 pm in the Robert N. Page Municipal Building.
1. Consent Agenda.
All items listed below are considered routine or have been discussed at length in
previous meetings and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will
be held except on request by a member of the Board of Commissioners.
a. Schedule Public Hearing for Rezoning Request RZ #18-02 for May 29, 2018 –
request submitted by Columbus Aberdeen, LLC to change zoning of six parcels
totaling 9.4 acres located on South Hill Road from R20-16 to General
b. Schedule Public Hearing for Rezoning Request RZ #18-03 for May 29, 2018 –
request submitted by Aberdeen Fear Factory to rezone 6.04 acres on 10661
NC Highway 211 from R20-16 to Highway Commercial.
c. Schedule Public Hearing for Conditional Use Permit CU #18-03 for May 29,
2018 submitted by Columbus Aberdeen, LLC for property located on South
Hill Road. Request is to permit a hotel use on four parcels totaling 4.85 acres.
d. Schedule Public Hearing for Conditional Use Permit CU #18-04 for May 29,
2018 submitted by Southern Pines Gaines for property located at 3140 NC
Highway 5. Request is to permit a retail sales use with high volume traffic on
property totaling 62.6 acres.
e. Schedule Public Hearing for Manager’s Budget Message and Proposed FY
2018-2019 Budget for May 29, 2018.
2. Contiguous Annexation #49-018 submitted by the Moore County Board of Education
for 3.887 acres located south of the intersection of NC Hwy 5 and Pit Link Lane.
(Planner Kathy Blake)
a. Public Hearing on Annexation #49-018.
b. Consider action on Annexation Ordinance #49-018.
3. Consider action on Resolution #18-12 to Accept Surety for Parkway Meadows
Subdivision, Phase 1 in the amount of $60,000 for completion of sidewalks and
street trees. (Planning Director Pam Graham)
4. Consider Re-appointment of Bryan Bowles and Tim Marcham to the Planning Board
with term expirations of June 2021. (Planner Kathy Blake)
5. Consider Appointment of an Alternate Member to the Board of Adjustment and
Consider Re-appointment of Johnny Ransdell and Betsy Mofield with term
expirations of 2021. (Planning Director Pam Graham)
6. Consider action on An Ordinance Declaring a Road Closure (South Sycamore Street
from South Street to Main Street) for Downtown Aberdeen Fourth of July Block Party
on July 4, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Planner Jen Gallimore)
7. Consider action on Resolution #18-13 Amending the Town of Aberdeen Personnel
Policy in Regards to Compensatory Time. (Town Manager Paul Sabiston)
8. Consider action on Resolution #18-14 Approving Interlocal Agreement with the
North Carolina League of Municipalities for a Group Self-Insurance Pool for Worker’s
Compensation Risk Sharing. (Town Manager Paul Sabiston)
9. Consider action on Resolution #18-15 Approving Interlocal Agreement with the
North Carolina League of Municipalities for a Group Self-Insurance Pool for Property
and Liability Risk Sharing. (Town Manager Paul Sabiston)
10. Resolution #18-16 Verification of Municipality for Fire Department ISO Inspection.
(Fire Chief Phillip Richardson)
11. Discussion on Proposed Budget Document for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. (Town
Manager Paul Sabiston)
12. Other Business.