Aberdeen Board of Commissioners have released their October 22, 2018 meeting highlights.
– Approved Consent Agenda which included the following items:
a. Approval of Minutes of Regular Board Meeting on September 24, 2018, Work Session on October 8, 2018, and Closed Session on October 8, 2018.
b. Resolution #18-32 Designating the Town of Aberdeen’s Agent for Hurricane Florence FEMA Declaration.
c. Approved Garrett Street road closure on December 15, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. for 2018 Ugly Sweater Beer Mile.
– Held the continued public hearing for Conditional Zoning Request #18-04 submitted by David Upchurch for 37.19 acres located on the eastern side of Bethesda Road north of Devonshire Trail from R20-16 to PUD-R. Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners denied the request due to inconsistency with the Land Use Plan and testimony received from the residents in the area.
– Held the public hearing and approved Conditional Zoning Request #18-05 submitted by Kirsten & Peter Ostby to assign the conditional zoning category of I-H-C to include an Indoor Athletic and Exercise Facility for 0.616 acres located at 105 E. South Street.
– Held the public hearing and approved Rezoning #18-04 submitted by Habitat for Humanity of NC Sandhills to change the zoning from RA to R10-10 for 4.65 acres located south of Keyser Street and West of Pee Dee Road.
– Held the public hearing and approved Rezoning #18-05 submitted by Allen Brooks to change the zoning from R6-10 to O-I for 0.27 acres located at 203 Elm Street.
– Closed a portion of the Unopened Right-of-Way known as Madison Avenue.
– The Board members appointed Roger Bone to the Planning Board as the Alternate #1 position with a 3-year term.
– Barbara Allred informed the Board of Commissioners that The Friends of the Aberdeen Library purchased the property located at 105 N. Pine Street for the home of a future library.