Village Council Summary of Meeting
December 12, 2017
• Council presented the former appointed members of the Pinehurst Appearance Committee a resolution honoring them for their service to the citizens of Pinehurst.
• Council approved the following consent agenda:
A. Consider resolutions honoring former Councilmember Claire Berggren and Councilmember Clark Campbell for their service on the Pinehurst Village Council.
• Council held Public Hearing No 1: The purpose of the public hearing is to consider an Official Zoning Map Amendment. This map amendment would rezone one parcel of land consisting of approximately 10 acres. This property is located at Murdocksville Rd. and Centennial Blvd. This property is further defined as being a portion of Moore County PID # 2000657. The property is currently zoned R-30 (Medium Density Residential). This proposed map amendment would change the zoning of the property to OP-CD (Office and Professional-Conditional District). The property is currently vacant. The proposed use of the property is a ± 36,000 sq. ft. office and research and development facility for Golf Pride corporate headquarters. The applicant is Dick Higginbotham and the owner is Pinehurst, Inc.
• Council held Public Hearing No 2: The purpose of the public hearing is to hear and receive comment on the proposed Re-adoption of the Pinehurst Development Ordinance. This document will replace the existing Pinehurst Development Ordinance. The Pinehurst Development Ordinance will apply to all properties within the village limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ). The intent of the re-adoption is to codify the existing ordinance in preparation to place the document on the American Legal website and to amend the document based on changes to State Law.
• Council approved Ordinance 17-19 amending the Official Pinehurst Zoning Map as it pertains to the rezoning of certain land located at Murdocksville Road and Centennial Boulevard and that the proposed amendments are consistent with the goals outlined in the 2010 Comprehensive Long Range Plan and are considered reasonable and in the best interest of the public as referenced in the memorandum dated December 2, 2017 from Bruce Gould, Principal Planner.
• Council approved Ordinance 17-20 re-adopting the Pinehurst Development Ordinance for the Village of Pinehurst and to incorporate the already approved amendments from Ordinance 17-09 as part of this re-adoption and that the proposed amendments are consistent with the goals outlined in the 2010 Comprehensive Long Range Plan and are considered reasonable and in the best interest of the public as referenced in the memorandum dated December 1, 2017 from Bruce Gould, Principal Planner.
• Council approved that the Village Manager be authorized to execute the contracts with Oakley Collier Architects in the amount of $293,000 for the Community Center design, construction documents, bidding and construction administration.
• Council heard the Manager’s quarterly transportation report for the Village of Pinehurst.
• Council approved Ordinance 17-18 accepting Buckingham Place and Victoria Way into the Village’s road network.
• Council approved Resolution 17-32 adopting the Triangle J Council of Governments Tri-Cities Work Group Charter.
• Council approved the 2018 Village Council Meeting Schedule as proposed in Option 2.