The Village of Pinehurst released their community and business survey results below.
This year, Pinehurst residents and businesses expressed high levels of overall satisfaction with Village services in the annual Community and Business Surveys, with residents rating the Village as the highest in the nation in five separate areas. The Village Council and staff use these survey results to assess the quality of services provided and identify key community priorities of citizens and businesses. These priorities, along with other information, are used to determine areas for potential service level enhancements each year in the Strategic Operating Plan.
Once again, Village residents indicated a positive perception of the Village and that the Village is moving in the right direction, with resident satisfaction levels increasing or remaining the same in 68 of 85 areas since 2013. In addition, Village residents indicated satisfaction levels above the U.S. average in 48 of the 50 areas and above the Southeast Regional average in 46 of 50 areas that were compared.
This year, Village resident satisfaction levels were the highest levels in the nation in five areas among ETC surveyed communities under 50,000 in population:
- 95% satisfaction with the overall image of the Village
- 92% satisfaction with the Village’s efforts to prevent crime
- 90% satisfaction with the number of Village parks
- 89% satisfaction with overall maintenance of Village streets
- 89% satisfaction with curbside recycling services
High priorities for improvement that were identified in the 2017 Community Survey based on resident importance and satisfaction levels included:
- Level of involvement in local decisions
- Street and right-of-way maintenance
- Efforts at maintaining quality of neighborhoods
- Adequacy of street lighting
- Availability of sidewalks and pedestrian facilities
The seven-page DirectionFinder® survey was mailed to a random sample of households in the Village and was conducted by ETC Institute of Olathe, Kansas. Residents could complete the 15-20 minute survey by mail, phone, or online. The 414 completed surveys were tallied to produce a 95% confidence level in the results with a margin of error of +/-4.8%.
Jason Morado, Project Manager with ETC Institute, presented the findings of the Community Survey to the Village Council at their September 26th meeting. The 2017 Community Survey results can be viewed at www.vopnc.org/surveys and the ETC presentation will be included in the September 26, 2017 Village Council Meeting video at www.vopnc.org/videos.
ETC’s final Community Survey report includes:
An executive summary of the major findings and methodology
- Charts and graphs for each question on the survey
- GIS maps showing results as neighborhood maps of the Village
- Benchmarking data showing how Village results compare to other communities
- Importance-satisfaction analysis
- Tables that show the results for each question on the survey
- A copy of the survey instrument
This year, businesses indicated high levels of satisfaction with the vast majority of Village services, with 95% of businesses indicating the overall quality of services meets or exceeds their expectations. In addition, 95% of businesses would likely recommend the Village as a business location.
The four-page survey was mailed to businesses in the Village and 86 completed surveys were included in the final survey results.
This year, like others in the past, Pinehurst residents and businesses have expressed high levels of overall satisfaction with the services provided by Village staff as they continuously seek ways to improve and enhance service levels. The Village Council and staff will use the key community priorities identified in the 2017 survey results, along with other information, to determine areas for potential service level enhancements in the upcoming annual strategic planning process.