Aberdeen Town Board released their May 29th Regular Meeting Highlights.
– Held the Public Hearing for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget and Approved Fiscal
Year 2018-2019 Budget Ordinance
– Approved Consent Agenda which included the following items:
a. Minutes of Work Session on May 14, 2018.
b. Resolution #18-14 Approving Interlocal Agreement with the North
Carolina League of Municipalities for a Group Self-Insurance Pool for
Worker’s Compensation Risk Sharing.
c. Advertisement of Request for Qualifications for the Architectural
Services for a Police Station with a submission deadline of June 29,
d. Acceptance of Petition and Approval of Resolution #18-17 Directing
the Clerk to Investigate a Petition for Contiguous Annexation
submitted by Columbus Aberdeen, LLC, Eva Davis and David Davis for
5.76 acres located off of South Hill Road and Johnson Street.
e. Resolution #18-18 Approving Financing Terms for capital
improvements for the Parks & Recreation Department in the amount
– Held Public Hearing for Rezoning Request RZ #18-02 submitted by Columbus
Aberdeen, LLC to change the zoning of six parcels totaling 9.4 acres located west
of South Hill Road and North of Johnson Street from R20-16 to General
2 Commercial. The Board of Commissioners deferred action on this item until the
annexation process for the property is complete.
– Opened the Public Hearing for Conditional Use Permit #18-03 submitted by
Columbus Aberdeen, LLC for a hotel use on four parcels totaling 4.85 acres
located near the intersection of Johnson Street and South Hill Road. The Public
Hearing was continued to June 25, 2018 due to the applicant needing additional
time to re-draw the plans for the project.
– Held the Public Hearing for Rezoning Request RZ #18-03 submitted by Aberdeen
Fear Factory to rezone 6.04 acres located at 10661 NC Highway 211 from R20-16
to Highway Commercial. After receiving much public input in opposition of the
project, the Board of Commissioners denied the rezoning based on the
inconsistency with the Land Use Plan, the recommendation of denial from the
Planning Board, and inconsistency with the surroundings.
– Held the Public Hearing for Conditional Use Permit #18-04 submitted by
Southern Pines Gaines for a retail sales use with high volume traffic on 62.6
acres located at 3140 NC Highway 5. The Public Hearing was continued to June
25, 2018 so additional information can be received regarding the traffic impact.
– Reappointed Dell Crumpton to the Historic Preservation Commission with a term
expiration of June 2022.
– Approved Staff Ranking for Request for Qualifications for the Comprehensive
Development Plan Revisions and authorized staff to negotiate a contract with
the #1 ranked Firm – Holland Consulting Planners.
– Approved Resolution #18-19 Amending the Charter for the Triangle J Council of
– Authorized the Town Staff to provide notice to the public of the Exchange of
Property between Aberdeen Rockfish Railroad (Parcel ID #45994) and the Town
of Aberdeen (Parcel ID #46009).
– The Board of Commissioners met with the Town Attorney in Closed Session for
an Attorney Client Privilege regarding Quality Built v Aberdeen / TNT-01126231.