Quick response by firefighters saves building

Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue, along with other fire departments, successfully prevented a total loss of a large outside building in the Lakeview community after it caught fire on Monday.

The blaze broke out behind a home on Crystal Lake Drive in Vass after 6 p.m. caused by a pine straw fire that got out of control. As soon as the resident realized the fire was spreading, he immediately called 911 for help.

The fire department accessed a back room in their attack as the flames reached the building.

The building sustained some fire and smoke damage as well as some of the items stored inside, but a quick response saved it from being destroyed.

There were no injuries reported, but EMS was standing by on the scene as a precaution.

Forestry and Moore County Fire Marshal were on the scene investigating.

~Article and photo by Sandhills Sentinel reporter Daniel Gwyn.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email