Man injured in Pinehurst house fire

A house fire in Pinehurst Saturday left one man with burns to his hands.

Emergency crews were dispatched to the home in the 200 block of Spring Lake Road, near Pinehurst No. 6, just after 9 a.m. When fire crews arrived, they found the home had flames and heavy smoke.

Man injured in house fire

According to the Pinehurst Battalion Chief, they believe a kerosene heater was the source of the fire, but the fire marshal will determine that.

The fire started near the rear of the home, and the house suffered extensive damage. The injured man was transported to FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital.

Man injured in Pinehurst fire

Fire crews from Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Aberdeen responded to the scene, as well as Moore County EMS. The Red Cross has been called in to assist the residents.

Sandhills_Sentinel~Article and photos by Sandhills Sentinel Publisher B.J. Goodridge.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email