Nine members of the Southern Pines Police Department have been announced as award recipients. The employees are recognized for their “outstanding acts of bravery, heroism, outstanding accomplishments and exceptional performance.”
In a Tuesday statement, the police department said the following staff members have been recognized.
1. Officer Nate Gooding – Employee of the Quarter and Unit/Section Citation
2. Communications Supervisor Lisa Williams – Employee of the Quarter
3. Administrative Assistant Tracey McKenzie – Employee of the Quarter
4. Investigator Chris Coleman – Making a Difference Award
5. Sergeant Rodney Allred – Life Saving Medal
6. Officer Kevin Dean – Meritorious Conduct Medal and Unit/Section Citation
7. Sergeant Jason Embler – Investigator Ed Harris Award and Unit/Section Citation
8. Officer Presley Stevenson – Life Saving Medal and Meritorious Conduct Medal
9. Lieutenant Robert Heaton – Unit/Section Citation
“These award recipients were nominated by their co-workers, which speaks volumes about the awards validity,” said Southern Pines Police Chief Temme. “The stories behind each one of the award nominations are an inspiration to us all. The Town of Southern Pines is blessed to have employees of this character and professionalism serving our community every day. Please join me in expressing the utmost gratitude to these employees as we press on together, shoulder to shoulder making a difference in our community.”
Due to the statewide stay-at-home order the governor issued to slow the spread of the coronavirus, a public ceremony will be held at a future date.
Photo via Southern Pines Police Department.