Fire units with Carthage, Cypress Pointe, Southern Pines, Eastwood, and Whispering Pines responded to a dryer fire at Tara Plantation of Carthage on Dec. 14.
Carthage Fire and Rescue said on social media they had the fire contained in seven minutes.
The long-term care facility’s residents were evacuated by staff with no injures reported.
The laundry room and dryer suffered damage from fire and smoke. Firefighters used fans to ventilate the smoke from the single-story building.
“This is also a great reminder that working smoke alarms save lives and property,” said Carthage Fire and Rescue.
Also responding to the scene were units with Carthage Police Department, Moore County EMS, and the Moore County Fire Marshal.
Photo credit: Carthage Fire and Rescue.