A fire destroyed a workshop in Cameron Saturday night that was reportedly started by an unattended fire pit.

Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue, Carthage Fire and Rescue, and Whispering Pines Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the fire in the 800 block of Dalrymple Road around 11:30 pm.


Photos by Frank Staples, Sandhills Sentinel contributor

The workshop was completely devoured by the flames; however, the firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to the nearby house.

There were no reported injuries.

Also responding to the scene were Moore County EMS and Moore County Sheriff’s Department.



Print Friendly, PDF & Email