The Village of Pinehurst released their Village Council summary meeting for Jan. 8, 2019.
• New appointed Councilmember Jack Farrell was sworn into office.
• Council appointed Councilmember John Bouldry as Mayor Pro Tem.
• Council appointed Councilmember Judy Davis as Treasurer.
• Under the Consent Agenda, Council approved:
Approval of Draft Village Council Meeting Minutes.
December 4 and 5, 2018 Special Meeting-Retreat
December 11, 2018 Regular Meeting
December 11, 2018 Work Session
December 13, 2018 Special Meeting-Interviews
December 14, 2018 Closed Session
Budget Amendments Report
• Council approved Resolution 19-01 establishing an interlocal cooperation agreement between The Town of Aberdeen, The Town of Southern Pines and The Village of Pinehurst.
• Council approved Ordinance 19-01 amending the required landscape buffer for the previously approved R-10 CD- Residential Conditional District (R-10-CD) Official Zoning Map Amendment for Community Presbyterian Church.
• Council discussed damages to the road beds on Lake Shore Court and Pine Vista Court due to County water leaks.
• Council reviewed and discussed the proposed 2019 annexation agreement and the terms of the draft ordinance for the Town of Southern Pines, to ensure a mutually agreeable ordinance and map are presented to both boards for adoption. Council came to an agreement that the proposed changes were suitable and to move forward with a public hearing on January 22nd.
Photo credit: Village of Pinehurst.