Two good Samaritans were driving outside of Cameron Wednesday afternoon when they noticed a boat was on fire at a nearby home.
Pinebluff resident Stanley Lynn and another motorist pulled into the property on McPherson Road and rang the home’s Ring doorbell. The homeowner was not home and received a notification alerting him someone was on his porch. The homeowner directed Lynn to a fire extinguisher on the porch, and he ran to the boat to extinguish the fire.
Crains Creek Fire Department arrived at the home shortly after.
A Crains Creek Fire Department firefighter inspects a boat after it caught on fire on McPherson Road, near Lobelia Road, on April 19—photo by Crains Creek Fire Department.
“Upon arrival, we found a boat that was smoldering at the center console and an individual standing by the boat with an extinguisher,” said Crains Creek Fire Department on its Facebook page.
Feature photo: A boat catches fire in the 600 block of McPherson Road, outside of Cameron, just after 2:30 p.m. on April 19—photo provided by Stanley Lynn.
~Written by Sandhills Sentinel staff.