Quick response by fire departments spares chicken house

Lots of rapid response training once again paid off early Wednesday morning after firefighters stopped a chicken house from being destroyed after it caught on fire.

Multiple emergency units were dispatched to the structure fire in the 600 block of Thurlow Lake Road just outside of Vass around 1:30 a.m.

The first arriving units reported a working fire in the middle of one chicken house. After a quick attack on the fire, it was knocked down within minutes preventing a total loss.

The fire was thought to have been the result of an electrical issue in the ceiling area of the structure.

The large group of chicken houses were located down a long dirt road approximately a quarter mile off of the main road.

Responding to the structure fire were Cypress Pointe Fire Department, Carthage Fire Department, Whispering Pines Fire Department and Moore County Sheriff’s Department.

~Article and photo by Sandhills Sentinel Reporter Daniel Gwyn.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email