A fire destroyed a shed in Carthage Tuesday. Just before 11 p.m., multiple units were dispatched to a working structure fire. The large storage shed was located just behind a home on Westview Road.
A neighbor’s daughter spotted the blaze, and her father and brother rushed to knock on the homeowner’s door while calling 911. The homeowners had just noticed the fire themselves, but it was too late.
Firefighters responded quickly to contain the fire, however, the shed was a total loss. An enclosed trailer parked beside it was slightly damaged.
Due to the distance from the nearest hydrant, firefighters had to lay approximately 500 feet of large diameter hose to supply water to the main truck.
There were no injuries reported, but EMS was on scene to provide water to hydrate the firefighters.
Units responding to the scene were Carthage, Southern Pines, Eastwood, Whispering Pines, Cypress Pointe Fire Departments, Moore County EMS, Carthage Police, and the Moore County Fire Marshal.
Article and photos by Sandhills Sentinel Reporter Daniel Gwyn.