VILLAGE COUNCIL AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING OF OCTOBER 24, 2017
ASSEMBLY HALL, 395 MAGNOLIA ROAD, PINEHURST
1. Call to Order.
2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Presentation of resolution honoring Bob Farren for his service on the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
5. Motion to Approve Consent Agenda.
All items listed below are considered routine or have been discussed at length in previous meetings and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held unless requested by a member of the Village Council.
A. Consider resolutions honoring the appointed members of the Pinehurst Appearance
B. Budget Amendments Report
C. Public Safety Reports.
D. Approval of Draft Village Council Meeting Minutes.
September 12 Work Session
September 26 Regular Meeting
End of Consent Agenda.
6. Discuss and consider appointing Paul Sale to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
7. Consider a sponsorship request for use of the Fair Barn.
8. Presentation of the FY 2017 Land Use Fiscal Analysis.
9. Motion to Recess the Regular Meeting and Enter into a Public Hearing.
10. Public Hearing No. 1
The purpose of this public hearing is to consider an Official Zoning Map Amendment. This map amendment would rezone one parcel of land consisting of approximately .399 acres. The property is located at 175 Palmetto Road. This property is further defined as being Moore County PID # 00018777.
The property is currently zoned R-MF Residential Multi-Family District. This proposed map amendment would change the zoning of the property to R-10 (R-10 High Density Residential). This property is currently vacant. The proposed use of the property is single family residential. The applicant and theproperty owner is Mary Sutherland Gwinn.
11. Public Hearing No. 2
The purpose of the public hearing is to consider an Official Zoning Map Amendment. This map amendment would rezone four parcels of land consisting of approximately 8.45 acres. These properties are addressed as 4138 Murdocksville Road. These properties are further defined as being Moore County PID #’s 00016276, 20030615, 00017456 and 00016390. The properties are currently zoned R-10 (High Density Residential). This proposed map amendment would change the zoning of the properties to R-MF-CD (Residential Multi-Family-Conditional District). The property is currently vacant. The proposed use of the property is a 40 unit townhome development. The applicant and owner is Rick Knight, Tiara Properties, LLC.
12. Motion to Adjourn Public Hearing and Re-Enter Regular Meeting.
13. Discuss and consider Ordinance 17-16 Amending the Official Pinehurst Zoning Map as it pertains to the rezoning of 175 Palmetto Road.
14. Discuss and consider Ordinance 17-17 Amending the Official Pinehurst Zoning Map as it pertains to the rezoning of 4138 Murdocksville Road.
15. Receive Risk Management Committee’s annual report and employee insurance benefit recommendations.
16. Manager’s quarterly transportation report for the Village of Pinehurst.
17. Presentation of Financial Statements for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2017.
18. Consider adoption of Community Center Capital Project Fund Ordinance.
19. Consider adoption of Community Center Reimbursement Resolution.
20. Other Business.
21. Comments from Attendees.
22. Motion to Adjourn.