Pinehurst Surgical Clinic gave back to the local fire departments by donating several automated external defibrillators to the Moore County Chief’s Association.
The portable medical devices are easy to use and are used to help sudden cardiac arrest according to the American Red Cross. AEDs “can analyze the heart’s rhythm and, if necessary, deliver an electrical shock, or defibrillation, to help the heart re-establish an effective rhythm.”
In total, Pinehurst Surgical Clinic was able to donate four AEDs and an AED trainer worth over $2,000 to Whispering Pines and Southern Pines Fire Department representatives pictured here with Clinic President, Dr. David Grantham, and Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Russell Stokes.
AEDs are becoming more common in public places. The Village of Pinehurst recently installed AED cabinets for public use at Timmel Pavillion, Cannon Park, and Rassie Wicker Park concession building. Pinehurst fire vehicles and police cars are equipped with these lifesaving devises as well.
Pinehurst Surgical Clinic has been in business since 1946 and is located at 5 FirstVillage Drive.