The quick response from local firefighters saved thousands of chickens from a fire Sunday.
Authorities were called to the 2300 block of Kelly Plantation Road around 5:45 p.m. Sunday, a few miles outside of Carthage.
Fire crews arrived on the scene to find flames and smoke showing. Within 5 minutes, firefighters had the fire knocked down, saving thousands of chickens.
The Carthage Fire Department believes the fire started from a fan motor that malfunctioned.
There was no major damage to the structure.
Carthage Fire and Rescue, Highfalls Fire and Rescue, Robbins Fire and Rescue, Eastwood Fire and Rescue, and Moore County Sheriff’s Office were among the agencies that responded to the scene.
~Article and photo by Sandhills Sentinel Reporter Curtis Self.