Fire crews respond to stove fire in Vass

Flames from a stove fire were contained from spreading throughout a home on Campbell Trail in Vass on Wednesday.

Crains Creek Fire Department said on its Facebook page they were dispatched to residential structure fire with smoke and flames inside the home.

“Upon investigation, a small fire on top of the stove was located,” said Crains Creek Fire Department. “The fire was smothered out with a metal pot lid that was close by to try to keep destruction to a minimal. The stove was also pulled out from the wall to find a small fire on the cord. The stove was unplugged, fire rubbed out, and power killed while checking the wall for extension.”

Fire crews used positive pressure to get the smoke out of the home.

“It was found that the exhaust fan above had got hot and caught fire causing the plastic fan blades to drip down on the stove and cord causing fire,” said Crains Creek Fire Department. “Quick response and quick thinking equals to very little damages.”

Units with Cypress Pointe, Southern Pines, Fort Bragg, and Spout Springs fire departments assisted Crains Creek Fire Department.

Photo via Crains Creek Fire Department.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email