A Vass homeowner was taken to Moore Regional Hospital with serious burns after escaping a house fire Sunday night. 

Emergency crews were paged to a vehicle fire in the 100 block of Pineland Drive, but when the first engine arrived, the fire had spread to the residence as well. 

Retired Cypress Pointe firefighter, Frank Staples, said, “No choppers were available, so the patient was taken to Moore Regional Hospital by Moore County EMS, and at this time I haven’t heard what the cause of the fire might have been.”


Photos by Sandhills Sentinel contributor, Frank Staples

A Dodge van was destroyed by the flames, but the quick actions of the firefighters saved the residence from being destroyed. There was heavy damage to the vinyl siding of the double-wide mobile home. 

Assisting at the fire scene were Cypress Pointe Fire and Rescue, Southern Pines Fire and Rescue, Whispering Pines Fire and Rescue, Carthage Fire and Rescue, Moore County EMS, and Moore County Sheriff’s Department.



Print Friendly, PDF & Email