A house fire in Carthage Wednesday afternoon required a response from multiple fire departments across Moore County due to the extreme heat.
The fire broke out on the second floor of the home located on Wilson Lane off Vass-Carthage Road around 2:30 p.m. Flames were showing when the first units arrived.
A man, woman and their two small dogs were inside when the fire started but made it out safely without injury.
The home suffered extensive damage, and the power company was dispatched to disconnect power from the home.
Moore County Public Safety was on scene and is investigating the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Responding to the scene were Carthage Fire Department, Cypress Pointe Fire Department, Eastwood Fire Department, Whispering Pines Fire Department, Southern Pines Fire Department, Pinehurst Fire Department, West End Fire Department, Seven Lakes Fire Department, Moore County EMS, Moore County Public Safety, Carthage Police Department and the American Red Cross.
~Article and photo by Sandhills Sentinel Reporter Daniel Gwyn.